UniHow is a digital reflection and feedback system. The product family consists of four research-based digital tools for supporting students, teachers and academics by means of surveys and feedback.
No previous expertise in university pedagogy is required in implementing and using UniHow. All the survey questions and feedback content are already implemented in the products and based on research in university pedagogy.
- The product operates as a digital tutor, providing the surveyee individual feedback based on their answers in the survey. This interactive tutoring mechanism encourages and improves self-evaluation within the respondent’s field of study or work.
- The conductors of the survey receive structured and analysed data from the surveyees. This contributes to better methods in teaching and decision-making within the learning environment.
- All data received from the survey classifies as empirical and theory-based information, and will thus be admissible and implementable e.g. as basis for further research.
- The surveyee who is trying to better themselves in the field of their learning
- The academic who is trying to come up with better teaching decisions and policies
- The organisation trying to excel in and further its academic discipline. In other words, UniHow helps make the learning environment more beneficial for all participants, and thus the measurable results of this learning environment will, in the long term, improve.
UniHow is the leading quality enhancement project in the field of university pedagogy in Finland. UniHow has been developed by the experts at the Helsinki University Centre for University Teaching and Learning (HYPE), which is a leading centre in the field of university pedagogy.
The development of UniHow has been a 15-year-long process based on international and national scientific research in university pedagogy.
University pedagogy is a multidisciplinary field that investigates pedagogical activities such as learning, studying, teaching, supervision and assessment in the higher education context. Quality assessment is also an integral field of research within the university pedagogy discipline. It primarily utilises psychological, pedagogical, and social psychological knowledge, but it also integrates knowledge from other behavioural and social sciences.
The UniHow product family is constantly updated. Once a UniHow product has been purchased, the updates will be automatic.